Tips for winning
Thousands of hard-to-find collectibles and one-of-a-kind treasures are added to LiveAuctioneers daily.
Found an item you love? Here are some tips for winning your next item:
1) Submit bids and auction registration requests in advance. Some auction houses request additional information to ensure a fair auction with vetted bidders, so give yourself 1-2 days of approval time. Plus, registering early gives you more time to place bids before the auction goes live.
2) Make your bids early. If two absentee bids are left for the same amount, the bid will be awarded to the bidder who bid first, so make sure to act early.
3) Place your maximum bid before the auction begins to close. Our hassle-free bidding system ensures you get the best prices. Your bid stays at the lowest minimum amount required to keep you in the lead and increases only if another bidder places a competing bid. Remember to save items to your Saved Items by clicking 'Save Item' on the item page to keep track of your favorite pieces.
4) Having a payment method on file. This lets Auction Houses know you are serious about winning and have a verified payment method that can be used once the auction is over.
5) Be prepared to bid when lots begin to close. Participating through the final moments of the auction triples your chances of winning, especially when auctions are open to floor bidders. Download our 5-star mobile app for iOS and Android so you can bid anytime, anywhere. Mobile alerts also tell you when your item is coming up for auction.