What is Buy Now, Pay Later with Zip
Split your purchase into 4 simple payments with Zip
How it works
- After you win an item on LiveAuctioneers, you will be sent an invoice to complete your purchase
- Click the “Pay Now” button to proceed to LiveAuctioneers checkout page, then select Zip as your payment method
- Enter some basic information, and if you qualify, you will be instantly approved (no long forms or hard credit checks)
- Checkout using a credit or debit card. The first 25% of your order total is charged at the time of purchase.
- Pay the rest in 3 equal installments. They will be billed automatically over the next 6 weeks.
What is Zip?
Zip is a payment platform that gives you the choice to pay for your won item via 4 simple installments using a credit or debit card. Zip automatically splits the purchase amount into 4 payments, every two weeks. Zip allows you to buy now and pay over time.
Why don’t I see Zip as an option for all my auction purchases?
Zip is available for purchases of up to $5,000 from auction houses who accept online payments through LiveAuctioneers. To see which auction houses apply, simply filter your searches to Payment Options > Pay Online
What information does Zip ask for?
Zip requires your name, address, date of birth, a US mobile number, and either a debit or credit card for sign up.
Instead of having a traditional username and password, Zip requires a mobile phone number and text message verification
Can anyone use Zip?
In order to have an account with Zip, you must:
- Live in the US
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid and verifiable mobile number
- Use a credit or debit card to make a purchase
How much does it cost?
Bidders will be charged a small processing fee (spread across four payments) that varies based on their total invoice amount.
|Order Value||Total Fee|
|Less than $250||$4.00|
|$250 - $499.99||$8.00|
|$500 - $999.99||$16.00|
|$1,000 or more||$24.00|
How can I sign up?
You can sign up during the LiveAuctioneers checkout process. For the initial sign up, Zip will just need your date of birth, a mobile number and either a debit or credit card. You'll be instantly notified if you are approved.
What if I’m not approved by Zip?
No worries! You can still check out via eCheck (ACH) or any major credit card right on LiveAuctioneers checkout page.
How can I check my Zip Orders or Account?
You can log in to Zip’s customer portal by entering your mobile number or email address. It will provide you instant access to your current and past orders.
Will I be notified before I am charged for an installment?
You will be sent a reminder via SMS and email before each payment is due.
When is my first payment due?
Your first installment of 25% of the purchase price is due at the time of checkout. The remaining three installments will be billed automatically, every two weeks.
Can I pay off my installments early?
What if I have trouble paying?
Payments are automatic, however, Zip charges late fees in certain instances. For example, if your debit card account has insufficient funds or your credit card is no longer valid, your payment will not be processed.
It’s important to notify Zip to avoid a late fee if your payment method is not up-to-date. If your payment is denied in error, you can contact Zip Support by submitting a request at https://help.quadpay.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
What if I lose or want to change my card of payment for an existing order?
Zip associates your card with your order when you first complete the checkout process. If you need to change which payment method is used for future installments, follow these steps to associate a different card with a given order. This will cause all further installments for that order to be billed against your new card.
- Log into the Customer Portal at https://customer.quadpay.com
- Go to the Orders Page and click View Order for the order you would like to change.
- Click Edit next to the payment card, select the card you’d like to use, and click “Use this Card”
How do returns, refunds, and partial refunds work?
As soon as Zip is notified of the return, our customers are refunded the amount they’ve paid to-date and Zip cancels all future payments. In the event of a partial refund, scheduled installments are reduced/cancelled first, and then paid installments are refunded.