Security: Two-Step Authentication
About Two-Step Authentication
Two-step authentication helps protect you by making it more difficult for others to log into your LiveAuctioneers account. It uses your password and your email to verify your identity. When you log in from new devices or browsers, or if it's been 90 days since you last verified your account, we’ll email you a security code to enter on the LiveAuctioneers website. If someone finds your password, they’ll be prevented from logging in if they don’t have access to your email. This is also why using different passwords for all your accounts is important.
Note: If you are trying to find out how to change the email address for your LiveAuctioneers account, follow the steps to update your profile information. If you forgot your login information, you can try resetting your password.
How to Turn Two-Step Authentication On/Off
- Sign into your LiveAuctioneers account and go to Account Settings
- Go to the Security section of the Account Settings page
- Under Two-Step Authentication, choose Activate to turn it on, or Deactivate to turn it off
- Follow the instructions
Troubleshooting: Didn't receive the security code?
- First, make sure that you're checking the email associated with your LiveAuctioneers account.
- If you do not see the email in your inbox, please check the spam folder and promotions folder.
- If you are still unable to find the security code email, add email@example.com to your contact/safe sender list and click "Resend" on the authentication screen to receive a new security code. It may take a few minutes for the new code to arrive.
- If the issue persists or if you don't have access to your email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resend Security Code to Your Phone
If you didn’t receive the security code by email, you can resend the code to the phone number associated with your account. Simply click “Try Another Way” on the Two-Step Authentication page when you log in. Then you will see the option “Resend Code to My Phone”. If you don’t see that option, it could due to one of the following reasons:
- You don’t have a phone number on file.
- Your phone number is NOT registered in US or Canada.
- Your phone number is incorrect or invalid.
- You don’t have an address on file.
We highly recommend you make sure all your info is correct and up to date. To update your information, head to your account settings or learn more here.